For a comprehensive list of other examples of issues with item positions in the Creative inventory, click here.
All tickets associated with item placement in the Creative inventory are valid for cases introduced in 1.16 and later as per this comment. Exceptions exist, which are valid for their own reasons.
Copper, iron and gold are three different real-world metals that exist in the game. Their relationship as metals is used for convenience purposes through the close categorisation of their ingot forms in the Creative inventory, as well as of their ores. However, in block form, there is a large physical disconnect between the three, with iron and gold showing up far higher than copper and its variants in the inventory.
This should be fixed by moving the block of copper and all of its variants up to where the iron and gold blocks are.
- Open the Creative inventory
- Locate Block of Copper in Building Blocks
- Locate Block of Iron in Building Blocks
- Locate Block of Gold in Building Blocks
- Note that there is a considerable distance between these items