1.16.5, 21w08b, 21w11a
For a comprehensive list of other examples of issues with item positions in the Creative inventory, click here.
All tickets related to item placement in the Creative inventory are valid for cases introduced in 1.16 and later as per this comment. Exceptions exist, which are valid for their own reasons. This ticket in specific should be valid as explicit changes were made to the Redstone tab in 1.17, which is after 1.16.
All four rail types have explicit redstone interactivity (normal change direction/connections, detector as a power source, and powered and activator can be powered). Despite this, they are not found in the Redstone tab, but rather in the Transportation tab, despite being common redstone components. As such, they should be moved to the Redstone tab.
How to reproduce
- Open the Creative inventory
- Locate Rail in Transportation
- Locate Powered Rail in Transportation
- Locate Detector Rail in Transportation
- Locate Activator Rail in Transportation
- Note that all four of these have explicit redstone functionality
- Note that none of these are in the Redstone tab
MC-1797 Sort order of creative inventory confusing