Windows 10, Java 1.8.0_51
Minecart movement sound volume is controlled by the "Friendly Creature" volume slider.
What I expected to happen was...:
Minecart movement sound volume would be controlled by a slider that more accurately categorizes the source sound, like "Blocks" maybe.
What actually happened was...:
The volume slider labeled "Friendly Creature" adjusts the volume of the sounds the minecart makes while in motion.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Enter the game's options menu.
- Ensure the "Master Volume" & "Friendly Creatures" volume sliders are set to audible levels (e.g. 100%)
- Enter a minecart and set it into motion on a track, you should hear minecart movement sounds
- Enter the pause menu and navigate to "Options" > "Music & Sounds"
- Adjust only the "Friendly Creatures" volume slider to 0%
- Exit the pause menu
- Ride the minecart again and hear no minecart sound