Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 1.16.4 Pre-release 2
Fix Version/s: None
The Social Interactions UI is not horizontally centered. In full screen mode on a screen at 1440x900 resolution with GUI scale set to 3 (reproducible at most resolutions and all GUI scales), there are 372 pixels to the left side, but only 360 to the right.
- Set your GUI scale to 3 and your resolution to 1440x900 (not necessary to reproduce the bug, but necessary to obtain the exact same measurements)
- Open a world to LAN or join a server in 1.16.4 prerelease 2 or above
- Open the Social Interactions menu
- Take a screenshot by pressing F2
- Go to your screenshots folder
- Open the screenshot in a photo editor that shows dimensions when selecting an area (Preview on macOS)
- Select the area from the left edge of the screenshot to the left edge of the GUI and notice how there are 372 pixels
- Select the area from the right edge of the screenshot to the right edge of the GUI and notice how there are 360 pixels
- Compare the two values, and notice how there is more space on the left than on the right.
scale2.png: Taken using GUI scale 2.
This issue is extremely difficult to notice without looking for and measuring the dimensions.
If this is a duplicate - I am very sorry. I searched for a while though.