Any HUD icons made to be transparent using a resource pack will have full opacity when a bossbar with a "name" value is visible to the player.
- Enable the Bug Testing.zip resource pack attached
- Create a boss bar
- Make the bossbar visible to the player (Note the opacity of HUD icons)
- Modify the bossbar to have an empty name (Note new opacity)
Once the bossbar is made visible to the player, the opacity of all HUD icons will be changed to full.
The HUD icons would preserve their opacity no matter what the bossbar's name is set to.
This affecst the following:
- All icons in the 'heart' directory
- Both air.png & air_bursting.png
- All 'hunger' related icon images
- All 'armor' related icons