Affects Version/s: 1.16.2, 1.16.3, 20w48a
Fix Version/s: None
Thrown ender pearls disappear if you die, but not if they are in unloaded chunks. Not really sure what the intended behavior is, so I'm just pointing out that there's a discrepancy.
- Use /tp 1000 ~ 1000 to leave the spawn chunks
- Dig a hole 10 blocks deep, with soul sand at the bottom and water source blocks in the rest, to create an upwards bubble column
- Throw an ender pearl straight down into the hole, so that it bobs at the surface of the water
- Use /tp -1000 ~ -1000, so that you aren't loading the chunk that the ender pearl is in
- Use /kill to die
- Use /tp 1000 ~ 1000 to teleport back to the ender pearl, and observe that the ender pearl is still bobbing at the surface of the water.
- While standing near the ender pearl, use /kill to die
- Use /tp 1000 ~ 1000 to teleport back to the ender pearl, and observe that the ender pearl is now gone