Affects Version/s: 1.16.1, 20w29a, 20w30a, 1.16.2 Pre-release 1, 1.16.2 Pre-release 2, 1.16.2 Pre-release 3, 1.16.2 Release Candidate 1, 1.16.2 Release Candidate 2, 1.16.2, 1.16.3 Release Candidate 1, 1.16.3, 1.16.4 Pre-release 1, 1.16.4 Pre-release 2, 1.16.4 Release Candidate 1, 1.16.4, 20w45a, 20w46a, 20w48a, 20w49a, 20w51a
Fix Version/s: None
If a spawner is set to spawn lightning bolts, a full lightning bolt is displayed, unlike miniature models of entities as usual in a spawner. Previously, lightning bolts were not rendered and could not be spawned using a spawner, but that has since changed, and now a full lightning bolt is rendered, spinning around the spawner.
When a player leaves the area around the spawner, the lightning bolt freezes in place. While looking from certain angles (upwards) at this frozen lightning bolt, it can become invisible.
The expected behavior is that either:
- The lightning will not render at all and will not be spawnable by spawners, or
- The spawner will render miniature model of a lightning bolt instead of a full-sized one
- Give yourself a spawner using the command /give @s minecraft:spawner
- Place the spawner in a set location (we'll call that location X Y Z)
- Run command #1, as shown below
- Run command #2, as shown below
- Notice how a full lightning bolt is rendered from the spawner, with the same properties as described above
Click this link to view this bug: https://youtu.be/kOufLlgOC3c
- This bug was not present in 1.15.2
- This bug was present in 1.16.1
- The spawner in the video attached has had data values changed to accelerate the speed at which it spawns lightning bolts