Affects Version/s: 1.16.1, 20w29a, 1.16.2, 1.16.3, 1.16.4, 20w45a, 20w51a, 1.16.5, 21w07a, 21w08b, 21w11a, 1.17
Fix Version/s: None
Recently, a player on my server managed to die in a strange way involving falling and water, but the game displayed only the ID of the death message, "death.fell.accident.water". Maybe a full death message/localization could be added that describes what happened, even if it's a rare occurrence.
- Place a waterlogged top slab one block above the surface of the world
- Place 30 blocks going upwards, next to the waterlogged slab
- Place four blocks from the edge of the top of the pillar, going in the direction of the slab
- Break the block closest to the pillar (of the four blocks)
- Place two blocks above the block furthest from the pillar
- Place a rail on the block next to the space created in step 4, place a piston facing toward it and way from the two blocks placed in step 5, and place a button on the block above the piston
- Place a minecart on the rail, enter it, and switch to survival mode
- Press the button
When you hit the slab, the death message shown is death.fell.accident.water
A video demonstrating how to reproduce this issue can be found here.