Affects Version/s: 1.16 Pre-release 1
Fix Version/s: 1.16 Pre-release 6
Environment:Windows 10 Pro (client), Ubuntu Server 20.04 (server), JDK 1.8.0_241 64-bit.
Mojang Priority:Very Important
What I expected to happen was...:
The server should've generated an amplified world with level-type=amplified set.
What actually happened was...:
It generates a default world instead.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Use the latest pre-release server .jar. (which can be found here)
- In server.properties, set level-type to amplified (server changes "AMPLIFIED" or "Amplified" to all lower-case on startup).
- Generate the world and behold a land strewn with defaultness.
Solutions I've tried:
- Setting server.properties to read-only to prevent the server from changing the level-type to lowercase.
- Generating the amplified world in singleplayer (which works, by the way) and copying the folder to the server (which doesn't work ).
- Messing around with the level.dat file to force the generator setting to amplified.
- Copying an old 1.15.2 amplified server world.
I'd like to note that none of the aforementioned solutions work.