When using a Totem of Undying, a red or blue tint can be seen around the screen when in F5 mode regardless of enabled resource packs. This does not happen in 20w21a and previous snapshots.
The red tint occurs whenever there are no more items left in the inventory after using a Totem of Undying while the blue tint happens whenever there are items left after using the same item. The original message from drownedzombie01 is shown below:
Well, whenever I am out of totems, I get the red tint, and [whenever] I have totems left in my hotbar, I end up getting the blue tint.
This bug might be caused by the experimental rendering changes that have been implemented in the snapshot.
It might also affect only certain graphics cards, so please make sure to attempt reproduction and then write down the results in the Comments section. If successful, please check graphics card specifications by pressing F3 + C for 10 seconds and then attaching the crash report here.
This section will be removed if all graphics cards are affected. The list of affected graphics cards so far is shown below:
- Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 GL version 4.0.0 - Build 22.214.171.12432, Intel
- GeForce GTX 1060/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 4.6.0 NVIDIA 419.67, NVIDIA Corporation
- GeForce MX150/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 4.6.0 NVIDIA 391.35, NVIDIA Corporation
- Press F5 to switch from first-person view to third-person view.
- Obtain a Totem of Undying and then hold it in the main hand or offhand slot.
- Use the following command below to teleport 24 blocks high and then die from fall damage:
Make sure there are no other items in the inventory before the player dies from fall damage.
→ You will notice a red tint after using the item.
Make sure there are other items left in the inventory before the item is used.
→ You will notice a blue tint after using the item.