Affects Version/s: 20w17a
Fix Version/s: None
Striders do not fall
What I expected to happen was...:
When there were no blocks, mobs, or liquids below a strider, it should fall down until it is standing on something
What actually happened was...:
The strider remains suspended in the air, and can go up, but cannot return downwards
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Saddle a strider and mount it
2. Using a warped fungi on a stick, guide the strider on top of blocks or into a lava fall
3. If in lava fall, float up to the top
4. Guide the strider off of whatever you are standing on so that there is nothing underneath them
5. the strider will remain suspended in the air
6. Additionally, sometimes when trying to walk on mobs/mobs try to walk under one, a strider will fly up to the roof and stay that way. No known way to reproduce at the moment, but it has happened.
In one of the screenshots provided, no blocks, including barrier (held to show how no symbol appears) are under the strider, but it remains suspended in the air.