Affects Version/s: 20w11a
Fix Version/s: 20w12a
Category:Block states, Player
Mojang Priority:Very Important
Enchanting any boots with Soul Speed III, wearing them and moving on Soul Soil in 1 high water source blocks will retain the player's momentum when the key is no longer pressed, and keep increasing the momentum until either
- The momentum is stopped by an obstruction/missing water or soul soil.
- The momentum is stopped due to chunks not loading fast enough.
- The server instance crashes.
- The player logs out and back in.
It doesn't work with lava on soul soil, or Soul Speed enchanted boots with level lesser than 3.
This has been reproduced by several players in both multiplayer and singleplayer environments.
Have Soul Speed III enchanted boots equipped in 1 high water source blocks on soul soil. Tap and release any movement key.
- Short demonstration: Minecraft 20w11a - Singleplayer 2020-03-11 21-29-11.mp4
- Video by docm77: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0zCk68fYt4