Affects Version/s: 20w07a
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Java 8 Update 241 64-bit
As the title says, everything renders black, even text, when the camera (the player position is not important) is under y=0 and you have the night vision effect in any dimension. If you exit to the main menu while it happens, it keeps happening on the main menu. Once you enter any world with the camera above y=0 or move the camera above that level, everything is rendered correctly.
To reproduce the bug, do the following
- Enter or create a world.
- Give yourself the night vision effect.
- Go to the bottom of the world.
- Dig a room to visualize the bug.
- Go under y=0 if you are in first person, or move the camera under y=0 if you are in third person. You could see everything become black, and if you open the inventory, all the items are black, even the text
- While doing the previous step, exit the world to see that the problem persist.
- Enter the same world and move the camera above y=0 or enter another world with the camera above that level. Everything should look normal.
I also attached a forced crash report while the issue was happening