When you right and left click a block at the same time, it is replaced by the block in your hand. This happens even if the block is in the air with no other blocks around.
What I expected to happen was...:
I expected the block to break and only get replaced if there is another block to place on.
What actually happened was...:
The block break sound occurs and the break particles show up, but the block is replaced by the one that you are holding.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new single-player creative world
- Place a block at least 2 blocks above the ground
- Get a different block from the creative inventory
- Right-click and left-click at the same time
- The block breaking sound effect and particles occur and the new block is placed where the previous one was
This can be viewed in the attached video.