Affects Version/s: 1.15, 1.15.1, 1.15.1 Pre-release 1, 1.15.2 Pre-release 2, 1.15.2, 20w06a, 20w07a, 20w13a, 20w13b, 20w15a, 20w16a, 20w18a, 20w19a, 20w20b, 20w21a, 1.16 Pre-release 2
Fix Version/s: 20w22a
Stationary entities do not render behind semi-transparent entities, such as spectator players, invisible entities in spectator mode, or friendly invisible team members.
Apparently it only happens to mobs summoned with no AI, the issue is not reproduceable with moving mobs. It also affects chests or any other block, that are block entities.
- Summon an invisible armor stand
- Place a normal armor stand behind it
- Switch into spectator mode
- Look at the visible armor stand through the invisible armor stand
→ The visible armor stand does not render behind the invisible one
- Press F5
- Look at the visible armor stand through yourself
→ The visible armor stand disappears behind you
If graphics settings is set to "Fabulous", the issue no longer persist.