Affects Version/s: 1.14.4, 1.15.2
Fix Version/s: None
Minecarts can't make it around a bend on the rails, causing secondary symptoms.
What I expected to happen was...:
I built a long rail connecting two establishments with one corner approximately half way down the line. I placed two carts on the rail, one with a furnace in it. I expected that once I powered the furnace cart with coal that it would take me (in the other cart) to the other end of the line.
What actually happened was...:
When the carts reach the corner they break apart. The furnace cart gets stuck in an infinite loop, bouncing between the far end of the line and the corner, even after running out of fuel, until acted on by an outside force. The passenger cart bounces backwards off of the corner back to where it came from, keeping the exact velocity that it had when it broke away from the furnace cart, until the player ejects from the cart or it is acted on by an outside force; the player cannot control / slow the cart from within the cart.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Clear a flat space large enough to work with
2. Place tracks with a bend, in an L shape, terminated by a solid block on either end
3. Place an empty cart at one end of the line, adjacent to the solid block terminating that end
4. Place a furnace cart adjacent to the empty cart
5. Enter the empty cart
6. Equip coal and use it on the furnace cart
Please don't mark this as duplicates to unrelated reports. That is really annoying to a paying customer.