Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.14.3, Minecraft 1.14.4 Pre-Release 5, Minecraft 1.14.4 Pre-Release 6, 1.14.4
Fix Version/s: 19w35a
When a Ravager Encounters a Pillager Patrol the Ravager moves toward the patrol and begins patrolling. The problem arises when the Patrol members are either killed or despawn. At that point the Ravager AI continues to try to patrol but no patrol is present. The Ravager then simply stands in one location and doesn't move again (no random pathing).
- Spawn in a Ravager and name it (or capture it from a raid)
- Wait until a pillager patrol spawns nearby
- The Ravager will join the patrol
- At this point you can see the Ravager's Patrolling tag is set to: Patrolling: 1b
- When the patrol despawns or is killed the Ravager remains in patrol mode and will no longer pathfind.
This is due to the fact that even after the pillager patrol despawns, the Ravager's Patrolling tag is still set to 1b. If the tag is instead set to 0b it will pathfind as normal.