Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.14.2, 1.14.4, 1.16.4, 20w45a, 20w46a, 20w48a, 20w49a
Fix Version/s: None
This observer clock that I came up with creates a buggy redstone signal:
The redstone is not getting bright red even when it is active.
First i thought this is a 0-tick pulse but then I found out some other weird things.
- The observer in front of the piston never gets left behind like it would with a 1 tick pulse
- When I ran the signal into other pistons they sometimes didn't activate but the piston still get updated by the signal (tested with quasi connectivity)
- Doors/Gates make the opening sound but don't open.
- The piston is sensitive to block updates and will sometimes break on update by leaving behind the observer
- It also has various other 'random' quirks like in the image Bug4 where the redstone only activates certain pistons
The other redstone components seem to behave normally
This was a very weird behaviour and I believe it is not intended.
I found 2 clock desings that produce this buggy redstone
This bug seems to have been introduced in snapshot 18w43a (the next snapshot after the release of 1.13.2 and the first snapshot leading up to 1.14)