Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.14
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Minecraft 1.14 vanilla server
Minecraft 1.14 vanilla client
Java: 1.8.0_51 64bit
The volume control for weather, in particular, "Thunder roars" described in subtitle, can not be set to desired level. It always play at 100% volume.
- Wait or use weather command to change weather to thunder
- Open game menu and select Options...
- Select Music & Sounds...
- Set Weather: to 100%
- Wait for a thunder to occur
- Drag the Weather to anything but not OFF when thunder strikes
- Observe that
- Thunder continues to play at 100% volume
- Dragging to OFF immediately silences the thunder sound
See attachment for a issue demo
Using command, thunder sound is playing at correct volume.
Step to produce
- Open menu and set Weather to 100%
- Use this command
- Open menu and set Weather to 10%
- Play same command
- Observe that the sound plays at significantly low volume. Working as expected.
- Weather setting should apply correctly.
- Consider special option for user to individually disable sounds, especially for people with astrapophobia
I'm not a resource pack expert, but I created the following resource pack attempting to remove the thunder sound.
The following is the should index in the 1.14.json file