I'm designing a flying machine based bamboo farm for a server I'm on, and the plan is for it to be a very large plot, talking roughly 18x37 blocks. The issue is that once they get even just a few blocks tall, whenever any of them updates it causes a massive loss in frame rate, and the taller they are the larger and more often the frame drops are.
Steps to replicate:
- Create superflat world so nothing else is causing lag
- Optionally (as I have) /gamerule doDayLightCycle false and /gamerule doMobSpawning false
- /fill ~-20 ~-1 ~-20 ~20 ~-1 ~20 dirt
- /fill ~-20 ~ ~-20 ~20 ~ ~20 minecraft:bamboo_sapling
- Wait a minute or so, or use /gamerule randomTickSpeed 300 for a few seconds then back to 3
- Alt+F3 to see frame rate graph