Minecraft 1.14 Pre-Release 2, Minecraft 1.14 Pre-Release 3, Minecraft 1.14 Pre-Release 4, Minecraft 1.14 Pre-Release 5, Minecraft 1.14, Minecraft 1.14.1, Minecraft 1.14.2 Pre-Release 1, Minecraft 1.14.2 Pre-Release 2, Minecraft 1.14.2 Pre-Release 3, Minecraft 1.14.2 Pre-Release 4, Minecraft 1.14.2, Minecraft 1.14.3 Pre-Release 2
- The performance of the Framer Villager is way too lazy.
- Farmer walks aimlessly around of it's composter block, focusing it way too often.
- Farmer do nothing but walks around aimlessly most of the time / of it's working hours.
- Farmer's farmland selection(plant/harvest) is way too random and the job rotation is far to slow.
- Once a singe selected farmland is tended, the Farmer goes into an aimless walking state for a random time.
The attached picture presents the ~1h work of a single farmer.
Suggestion to solve:
Make a routine for the farmer to select farmlands in priority instead of aimless walks. (It's The Farmer villager. He is the ONLY one who realy works in the game. Make it cool!)
Farmland selection should be done around the farmer's composter block in a 31x31x3 area like in the old system, but having the composter as center instead of the villager.
- Once a farmland is selected and tended to, a test shoud be made to search for adjacent farmlands for the same action (harvest or plant) in a 3x3x3 area around that block.
- In line coordinates shoud be priorized over diagonals.
- If a suitable block is found within the region for the same action(plant or harvest) carry out the action then repeat.
- If no farmland is found for the same action (harvest or plant) test blocks for the other action.
- If a suitable block is found carry out the action.
- If no suitable block is found within range (for any action), stop search and pick a random block from the composter area.
- If the block is anything but farmland, the action is wander to it or do nothing.
- Pick random action again.
- If the block is farmland but currently not tendable: wander to it or do nothing. Pick another action.
- If the block is farmland and its tendable select the correct action and go to work. Then repeat from start(3x3x3 search).
Farmer Villagers now working almost fine. The Key wolrd here is ALMOST.
I have tested the farmers once more. Performance is indeed improved but yet still mostly ineffective. My test setup has been run for 8 minecraft day (~2,5h real). The newly attached images are presenting the work of the farmers.
4 separate garden (27x27) oriented towards each direction around the 0 - 0 "world center". Composter (workstatiion) at the center, bellow it a water source. In a 8x8 grid i placed water inside trapdoors, to hydrate the whole field. Light was placed above all the water sources to keep the fields more or less lit.
4 independent farmer with their own beds and workstations were added and 1 bell at the center(just for why not).
All the farmers were manually traded to the max level (just to lock their profession). Seeds was given to them. Later they were resupplied with seeds to make sure they have plenty of it.
Resoults / observations(yes I actually watchet them all the time):
- I assume the farming range is now 16+1"center" block "circle/diamond" around the composter. Or it's a ~17x17 square what just lost it's corners somewhere. Fair enough.
- Farmer's AI navigate between POI's somewhat better now.
- During working hours Farmers mutch better focused at the crops, less they stare at the composter. Still Farmers are hugging that workstation a bit too mutch. Running back to it too often. Plant a crop or some of it and running back. Just Why? (If they "just must" stare at it all the time to be happy, at least make them actually use it. Yes, let them put something inside the composter. Excess seeds, weed, bread. . . or i don't know. )
- Planting crops is just awfully designed. Farmers are basicly just vomiting crops all over the place inside the working area inefficently. [And some random outside of it (look picture 01, 02 ,03).]
- Planting crops literally takes eages at outer blocks. (I assume here it's a circle/diamond not a square but still, outer blocks need more love!
- Farmer movement planting, tending to crops focused on center blocks, outer blocks are often missed completly.
- After some time in the field Farmers are loosing interest in planting new. After the diamond shape is finally "mostly vomited full" with crops the farmer starts to tend the field somewhat okay-is. Still forgetting the outer block very often.
- Tossing food (bread in this case) is fun. At the end of the work if i spawn in some fresh villager(unemployed in this case) the farmer toses him food. The recipient almost instantly tossing it back at the farmer. They literally starting a full scale bread war. (pic: 04, 05)
- In the test setup at 14 ingame day the NW area produces way more mature crops, recieves most of the random ticks. (Farmers equally ignoring marured crops all over the place.) Bug? Pic.: 06
Overall performance and behaviour has been improved, but I think it's still a way to go. Planting routin is painfuly slow compared to any prev. version, needs some improvements. Harvesting is somewhat okay-is. Food wars need to be stopped?
If the work area is indeed a diamond/circle - all the blocks included in it need to be treated equally. If it's a square then those "lost corners" needs to be found and then treated the same as those are closer to the composter.