Affects Version/s: Minecraft 19w02a, Minecraft 19w03a
Fix Version/s: Minecraft 19w03b
When joining the world outside of the spawn chunks, it seems that the player is not tracked and results in the same client side desync as
The side effects, listed in
MC-92916, include being stuck in bed, not being able to deploy elytra, lack of damage sounds, etc.
- Teleport yourself outside of the spawn chunks
- Leave the game and rejoin the world
Try any of the issues mentioned above.
- Set the time to night, sleep in a bed, and attempt to leave it
→ Notice you are stuck
- Try to fly with an elytra
→ Notice it does not deploy
- Set yourself to survival mode and take damage
→ Notice there are no sounds
This seems to be caused by the game putting the player in the world before the chunk is loaded. As a side note, it is noticeably quicker to join the game while in the spawn chunks than it is to join outside them.