Affects Version/s: Minecraft 19w02a, Minecraft 19w03a
Fix Version/s: Minecraft 19w03b
When joining the world outside of the spawn chunks, it seems that the player is not tracked and results in the same client side desync as MC-92916.
The side effects, listed in MC-92916, include being stuck in bed, not being able to deploy elytra, lack of damage sounds, etc.
- Teleport yourself outside of the spawn chunks
- Leave the game and rejoin the world
Try any of the issues mentioned above.
- Set the time to night, sleep in a bed, and attempt to leave it
→ Notice you are stuck
- Try to fly with an elytra
→ Notice it does not deploy
- Set yourself to survival mode and take damage
→ Notice there are no sounds
This seems to be caused by the game putting the player in the world before the chunk is loaded. As a side note, it is noticeably quicker to join the game while in the spawn chunks than it is to join outside them.