Structures can provide multiple palette variants, however their selection looks faulty:
(MCP: net.minecraft.world.gen.feature.template.PlacementSettings.func_204764_a(List<List<BlockInfo>>, BlockPos))
There are two checks (non-null and >= 0) which will always succeed. And for structures with more than 8 palette variants (currently not the case for vanilla structures) always the 9th palette variant is loaded.
Seems like variant selection is position dependent, therefore the following steps load the structure at multiple positions.
Structures have to be placed inside the generated/minecraft/structures directory of a world.
- Load the structure 8-variants.nbt at multiple positions
→ Different wool types are placed
- Load the structure 9-variants.nbt at multiple positions
→ It always places the 9th variant, light gray wool
- Decompile Minecraft or use a viewer such as Bytecode Viewer
- Search for the string
- In the source look for the first line of code containing
- Open the type of the local variable two lines above
- Search for a method containing