How to reproduce:
- Spawn a villager, as this is one of the few mobs illagers are hostile to.
- Put yourself in survival mode.
- Type in the following command, using "illusioner" or "pillager" instead of "[illager]":
- This is NOT the case for Evokers and Vindicators (who normally wield iron axes, and thus use melee attacks no matter what).
- Villagers still run away from the harmless Pillager. (Not the Illusioner; this is
- Illusioners still create illusions if the player is nearby. This is the only way for them to reveal their held item if it is not a bow.
- It seems I'm not the first to discover this bug; a comment on "Can Skeletons Use Crossbows?" by Phoenix SC ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McU0QILC4_o ) states that "Pillagers become passive when they don't have a crossbow, and illusioners become passive when they don't have a bow."