Affects Version/s: Minecraft 18w43b
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Running environment is Java 8 Update 191, on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit edition. Performed in snapshot 18w43b, on a singleplayer Creative world.
If you destroy a mob spawner that is configured to spawn Illager Beasts or Pillagers (which currently cannot spawn naturally), destroying it under certain circumstances will cause the flame particles inside to remain visible even after the spawner is destroyed.
To reproduce, use the following procedure. Please note that it may take multiple attempts to do so, due to the behavior of spawners.
- Go in to a world with Cheats enabled, and make sure you are in Creative Mode.
- Use the /give command to give yourself a spawner, and place it.
- Use a Pillager or Illager Beast Spawn Egg on the spawner you just placed.
- Stand back from the spawner and wait for the particles inside to increase. (Basically, wait until it attempts to spawn a Pillager or Illager Beast, but fails because they cannot currently spawn naturally).
- Break the spawner. The particles will be left behind, and they will persist until logout.