Affects Version/s: Minecraft 18w30b
Fix Version/s: Minecraft 18w31a
Entities in your world can randomly freeze when your player gets killed. It is also possible for an entity to freeze when it takes damage. Endermites spawned from enderpearls and chickens can have this problem. Leaving the world and entering it fixes this problem.
Here are some notes about this bug:
- Most entities cannot attack (except for slimes and guardian thorns)
- Entities will not move and float in the air
- Entities cannot burn and undead mobs will not burn in daylight (
- Entities ignore damage that would otherwise be non-fatal
- Entities can be selected with commands
- Entities ignore peaceful difficulty (
- Creepers do not explode with flint and steel (
- The @e selector can sometimes not find the player and some affected entities (
- Entities possibly not counted toward mob cap (
- Potions will have no effect on them
- Items and projectiles can be desynchronized and cannot be picked up (
- Falling blocks and items repeatedly fall (
- Placing redstone dust has weird behaviour (Probably only happens in the world below after /kill)
- Load this world
- Kill your Minecraft player (/kill @s)
- Click the "Respawn" button
→ Entities will be frozen even ones that have been spawned and the above will happen.
- Summon an entity
- Hit it multiple times
→ Eventually this bug will happen to the entity you have attacked.