Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.13-pre8, Minecraft 1.13-pre9, Minecraft 1.13-pre10
Fix Version/s: Minecraft 1.13
Environment:Windows 10, Java 8 u151, 1.13 pre-release vanilla server jar
A fresh world (i.e. not upgraded from 1.12.2) on a 1.13-pre8 vanilla server using the official server jar runs at 8-14 tps on my computer, where it would run the same world in singleplayer at 20. The same computer can also run a vanilla 1.12.2 server with a normal world at 20 tps without problems.
- Create a new world in 1.13-pre8, using default generation settings
- Run debug profiler or observe the latest.log file
- Exit and start the same world on a 1.13-pre8 server
- Run debug profiler or observe the console
- Optionally, compare results with a 1.12.2 server jar, with a similar world
- The server should be skipping more ticks and having a hard time keeping up compared to the singleplayer integrated server.