Using repeating command to teleport an item that was drop from player to a location doesn't render that item to the correct location until either action listed below happened.
- The hitbox of this item touch another solid block.
- Just wait for couple seconds...
What I expect:
The item that is constantly been teleport should render its' location correct right away.
Command used in 1.12.2:
In 18w03b, or 1.13-pre5:
20180703185019.gif (Recorded in 1.13-pre5) shows a white line (area_effect_cloud) that represent the location where the item would be teleport to. However the drop item(command_block) wasn't rendered in the correct location, until approximately 5 seconds.
1.png shows the drop item is render at the location where the item first appear in the first couple second. 2.png shows the correct render location after approximately 5 seconds.
And 3.png shows the item is touching the tripwire(not a solid block), thus redstone signal was created. But again, the item doesn't render at that location until after a while.
This would not happen if the drop item was on the ground before the command was activate.
Also happen in 1.10.2, 1.11.2 and 1.13 snapshot other than pre-release, but seems like I don't have the choice for adding those to Affect version...
- Place an Always Active, Unconditional, Repeat command block.
- Enter this command below into that command block.(I am the only one in the world, so @a or @p doesn't matter...Singleplayer Mode)
or this if you are in 1.13-pre5
- For better observation. Run this chain command(corresponding to your version) after the command above.
- For visualization of the correct location, repeat the following command and press F3+B to enable hitboxes. (corresponding to your version)
- Make sure the location ~3 ~1 ~(where the item should be teleport to) doesn't have any solid block
- Drop an item either dragging it out from your inventory or press Q when the item is in your main hand.