First described in this reddit post
Opening the player inventory showing the recipe book (crafting table and furnace apparently do not cause the bug) after using a beacon crashes the game.
- Build a level 1 beacon
- Give yourself for example an iron ingot
- Switch to Survival
- Open your inventory and open the recipe book
- Close your inventory while the recipe book is open
- Open the beacon GUI, select an effect and use the iron ingot
- Close the beacon GUI
- Try to open your inventory
→ The game crashes
It looks like the last method calls would be roughly (parameters and method bodies have changed slightly) the following in MCP 9.40:
|Obfuscated code (1.13-pre2)||Deobfuscated|
This suggests that after closing the beacon GUI the container is not reset.