Minecraft 18w07a, Minecraft 18w07c, Minecraft 18w08a, Minecraft 18w08b, Minecraft 18w09a, Minecraft 18w10c, Minecraft 18w10d, Minecraft 18w11a, Minecraft 18w14a, Minecraft 18w14b, Minecraft 18w15a
If a player presses "sprint" key when moving in creative mode underwater, it instantly switches to "swimming mode." The player can still toggle flying by double-tapping space, but the swimming controls will override that state. Thus, it is possible to be both swimming and flying at the same time.
Expected behavior would be:
- Creative players never swim while in "flying state"
- Creative players can swim like survival while not flying
How to reproduce
- Move in water when being in creative mode
- Press "ctrl" or "sprint" key
- "Swimming mode" is toggled on
- If the player swims / sinks towards the bottom sometimes gets stuck and cannot move up / stop flying / swim up
The issue can be fixed by looking up (this toggles the "swimming mode" off) or switching into other gamemode.
Note: Spectator mode is not affected (anymore).
- is duplicated by
MC-126058 spectator ocean flight bug
MC-128551 Elythra flight crashes the game 1.13