Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.12.2
Fix Version/s: None
MacOS High Sierra (10.13) &
MacOS Yosemite (10.10.5)
- Start Minecraft, and connect to a realm (I don't know if it affects single player mode)
- Switch focus (using Cmd-Tab) to another app, for example Safari
- Switch focus back to Minecraft
- Click "Back to game" button
- Hit "t" button to enter text
- Type any text containing an "a", e.g. "foo bar"
- Watch in despair as any text before the "a" vanishes from your input
Yes, often; but not always. It's not only on my machine; also have confirmed the behaviour on my wife's computer (with Yosemite) and my son's computer (also Yosemite, I believe).
Usually, but at least once I've had the "c" character affected too.
Yes, I attached a screenshot of what the text looks like when I've typed "foo ba" – hitting the "a" makes the text change to look like it's become highlighted, and hitting any other character afterwards makes all the text typed so far disappear.