Zombies spawned by a village siege do not spawn centered on a block, instead they use the block position coordinates. This can, combined with
MC-59440, result in suffocating zombies.
Village sieges only happen
- when the moon is at the zenith
- when a player (not being a spectator) is nearby
- when no second village is close
- when the village has at least 10 doors
- when the village has at least 20 villagers
- with a chance of 1 / 10
Because a siege only happens with a chance of 1 / 10 it is easier to cause one by having a clock (for example repeater) setting the time to day, waiting a short moment (for example one redstone tick), setting the time to 18000 and then waiting a little bit longer.
- Create a Superflat world with the preset "Classic Flat"
- Get to a nearby village, for example by using /locate Village
- Setup a repeating command block with the following command
- Look at the zombies spawned by a village siege
→ They will be in the middle of four blocks
Based on 1.11.2 decompiled using MCP 9.35 rc1
The method net.minecraft.village.VillageSiege.spawnZombie() does not add 0.5 to the X and Z coordinate when calling net.minecraft.entity.Entity.setLocationAndAngles(double, double, double, float, float).