Affects Version/s: Minecraft 16w42a, Minecraft 16w43a, Minecraft 16w44a
Fix Version/s: Minecraft 1.11 Pre-Release 1
Security Level: Minecraft - Public (Viewable by everyone)
Windows 10 with current launcher and bundled Java.
Placing a Shulker box at coordinates 0 0 0 causes a StackOverflowError that crashes the client.
What I expected to happen was...
To be able to place the shulker box at 0 0 0 by placing it against 0 1 0 from below, just like I can with chests, trapped chests, furnaces, droppers and dispensers.
What happened was...
The client crashed.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a world
- Go below bedrock
- Break the bedrock block at 0 0 0
- Place a Shulker box in that hole
- When done on a server or lan world (by other player than the host of the lan world) only the client crashes. If another player goes within ~8-20 blocks of the Shulker box they also crash. Neither can rejoin the world without crashing within seconds.
- Shulker boxes can be placed at 1 0 0 or, as far as I can tell, anywhere else at y=0 in the world without causing any problems.
- An area of ~180-210 blocks in all directions from 0,0 is affected by a couple of strange behaviours while the Shulker box is in place.
- Signs and banners can become invisible
- Placing Chests, Trapped Chests, Enderchests, Shulker boxes, Furnaces, Dispensers, Droppers, Skulls, Flower pots and Jukeboxes can crash the client.