Affects Version/s: Minecraft 16w42a, Minecraft 16w43a, Minecraft 1.12.2, Minecraft 1.13.1
Fix Version/s: None
I don't know how specific the bug is, follow the steps below exactly to reproduce the bug best:
- Create new superflat world in survival with cheats and open (really works on any world, superflat is easier to manage, no mountains, trees etc.)
- do /gamerule naturalRegeneration false (so you don't regenerate into a safe health range where the ghast can't kill you)
- do /gamerule mobGriefing false (required)
- give yourself some items, preferably a lot to amplify the effect.
- run next command 3 times /effect @p instant_damage (get yourself to 1 heart)
- do /summon ghast (preferably a little bit up)
- get killed by the ghast (fireball should not generate any fire, but will destroy items)
- go back to the location where you died (in spectator mode)
- nothing is there, when dying you see no items drop either...
The bug here is I think that the explosion is after you die, thus any items that appear from dying get exploded. The cause of death should be the explosion where AFTER the fact your items spill out, just like creeper explosions, tnt explosions... as can be seen any explosions AFTER the fact, will indeed explode the items. which is intended.
(with mobGriefing set to true, the items do behave correctly, and might get burned up by the fire that spawns from the ball, which works as intended...)
Killed by ghast ball with no mobgriefing will result in inventory loss.