Affects Version/s: Minecraft 16w41a, Minecraft 1.11, Minecraft 1.12.2, Minecraft 18w16a, Minecraft 1.13, Minecraft 1.13.2, Minecraft 18w45a, Minecraft 18w46a, Minecraft 1.14, Minecraft 1.14.2, Minecraft 1.14.3, 1.14.4, 1.15 Pre-release 3, 1.15 Pre-release 6, 1.15.1, 1.15.2, 20w08a, 20w22a, 1.16 Pre-release 5, 1.16 Release Candidate 1, 1.16, 1.16.1
Fix Version/s: None
When a player dies while under the influence of an effect status (potion effect or fire) then the effect particles retain. However, only viewable on the players client, others won't see anything special.
- Log onto the server (can't reproduce in singleplayer).
- Set another player (under gamemode 0) on fire, then immediately /kill them. (I find lit netherrack easiest). Any effect works, but this is the most obvious.
- Now this player will respawn while still being on fire. If entering water the player will even hear hissing.
- All others won't see anything different with the player.
- After relogging everything is back to normal.