Affects Version/s: Minecraft 1.9.2, Minecraft 1.9.3, Minecraft 1.9.4, Minecraft 16w20a, Minecraft 16w21a, Minecraft 1.10 Pre-Release 1, Minecraft 1.10, Minecraft 1.10.2, Minecraft 16w32b, Minecraft 16w35a, Minecraft 16w36a, Minecraft 16w40a, Minecraft 16w44a, Minecraft 1.11 Pre-Release 1, Minecraft 1.11, Minecraft 16w50a, Minecraft 1.11.1, Minecraft 1.11.2, Minecraft 17w06a, Minecraft 17w13b, Minecraft 17w14a, Minecraft 17w15a, Minecraft 17w16b, Minecraft 17w17b, Minecraft 17w18b, Minecraft 1.12 Pre-Release 2, Minecraft 1.12 Pre-Release 6, Minecraft 1.12 Pre-Release 7, Minecraft 1.12.1, Minecraft 1.12.2, Minecraft 17w43b, Minecraft 17w45a, Minecraft 17w45b, Minecraft 17w46a, Minecraft 17w47a, Minecraft 17w48a, Minecraft 17w50a, Minecraft 18w10a, Minecraft 1.13-pre1
Fix Version/s: Minecraft 1.13-pre2
When a player leaves a world while a sound plays and then enters any world during the same game session (without closing the game), this sound plays again. But this is a glitched sound, and that's why:
- Its loudness is only affected by the Master Volume slider or the distance from the source of it
- It appears regardless of the world you entered, either at coordinates from the previous world, or "from nowhere", independent of your coordinates (e.g. background music, minecart riding sound)
- Some of the sounds play infinitely, even though the causes of them already disappeared (e.g. elytra or minecart sounds)
- This sound plays in the Pause menu
- This sound stays when you close the world, and plays in the menu. It also persists when you enter a world. This allows to "collect" many long or persistent sounds when entering worlds multiple times.
- It can cause overlapping background songs, where you have many glitched ones and (maybe) a normal one.
- If the sound was previously attached to coordinates, then upon exiting and entering other world it will again "move" to them.
All the glitched sounds can be removed by reloading the sound engine (F3+T)
- Play any sound or make something play it
- Pause while it is still playing
- Close the world and reopen it
- You'll hear this sound again